Time and again, Republican elected officials acting on behalf of their masters in industry, promote policies that will make more money for the 1%. They like to tell the rest of us that the true secret to the 99% having jobs and low prices is to make the rich, richer. Their reasoning all too often smacks of nothing less than blackmail.
Yesterday, while appearing on CNN, the always effervescent Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R. KY) told Candy Crowley that gas price would come down if the government simply lower taxes on the oil companies. Crowley asked McConnell if that was fair in light of the record profits the oil companies are making and the numerous subsidies and tax loopholes they already receive that cost the national treasury billions of dollars?